Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sometimes You Just Need to Vent...So Here I Go

All right...I think it's been about a week or so since I've posted last. There's a lot going on, as usual. I think this current school year is about three weeks old and I'm still trying to get adjusted to this new schedule. Something always falls by the wayside, and that something is usually my workouts (which is a BIG no-no) so I'm gonna have to amp up the discipline a few notches so I can get everything done. ESPECIALLY since my son will be starting basketball this week; he's already playing football. So there goes the one evening during the week where I don't have anywhere to be.

But anyway, I decided to spend part of this beautiful Sunday afternoon blogging because I am just so over it. Over what? I'll answer you. This past week I have experienced several, incredibly frustrating instances of non-responsiveness from my "friends" and acquaintances. Folks who are always saying to hit them up anytime and call them whenever I want to talk or hang out or if I should ever need anything are amazingly nowhere to be found when there comes a time I actually take them up on one of those evidently-empty offers. And there's always an excuse; they were too busy or whatever. Hey...I'm plenty busy, too. It's not like I have time to sit and yap on the phone for hours and hours like I did when I was in high school. But I make time for the people I claim are important to me. And I don't make suggestions like 'let's talk or hang out sometime' or anything like that if I don't really mean it. Because I actually realize that if I put something like that out there, they might actually take me up on it. So if I don't mean it, I don't say it.

And let me move onto the next thing, since I'm on a roll. Now, I am a big romantic. A huge one, even. But I am so over people in love. Every time I blink there's someone else getting married or posting about their new relationship or how they're about to go on some family vacation or they're knocked up. Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, I'm single. And have been for five years. No need in letting all my bitterness show but you can probably tell I'm not crazy about that. So while ninety-five percent of the time, I am more than happy to hear about people's happiness (okay; ninety percent), this weekend has not been one of those times. It was like everywhere I freakin' turned, there was somebody else, posing with their new boo or whatever, putting their happiness on blast and blinding me with it. It's not like I don't wish them well (deep, deep down); I just wish I didn't have to see or hear about it right now.
And what kind of goes hand in hand with that is the common and canned advice and 'encouragement' insisting that I should just be patient and my time is coming and blah blah blah. I've heard that so many times it's become disingenuous. Like it's just something people feel like they should say because it sounds good.

These melancholy musings (along with this past week just being particularly hectic) has put a halt to my progress on some things I'm working on. Straight up; every time I've sat in front of my computer and tried to write, it was like water dripping from the faucet instead of flowing. I have things to do; I don't have time to let this kind of stuff disrupt my flow. So this is only going to be temporary. I have a jar of peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful; my absolute favorite), a couple of cans of Crunk Juice and my water jug here so I can keep myself fueled up as I try to make up for lost (aka wasted) time. I can't control anybody's actions but my own, so I'll just have to put my years of experience being a loner to use and suck it up.

Hey...I'm human. I get upset. I have moments. It happens.


3 comments:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my share of upheaval. I keep telling myself to count my blessings. It does help.
    Sharing back the love from WLC Blog Follows

    ReplyDelete