Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yes, I'm still here...

This has been a crazy week. As you may or may not know, I have two jobs as it is. Then my son is back in school and  football practice has kicked back up so I'm getting acclimated to a new schedule, which includes me driving almost an hour each way to pick him up from his dad's house two or three times a week, and this is after I get off my night job. So needless to say, my time has been a little consumed lately. Is it too soon to wish this school year/football season was over with??

Another thing I'm dealing with is working on a project with a deadline. This is actually a first for me; anything else I've done had been dictated by me but now other people are included so I can't go on my own time clock anymore. It's both thrilling and terrifying, but I'm up to the challenge. This whole writing thing is about growth and progress, right? Well, I'm growing and progressing. I'll let you know how it all turns out, when it's all over with. Can't say much about it right now.

Let's see, what else...well, with this new schedule my workouts this past week have laxed. Okay, to be real about it, they've fallen off completely. Other than some squats and other minor stuff a week ago, I haven't worked out at all this week. Usually when I'm working from home for my day job, I work out during my lunch hour but I've either been catching a nap or working on other stuff, and on the two days I had to go into the office, by the time I finally got home after going to get my son, I barely had the energy to change clothes, let alone work out. So I'm going to have to definitely do better about that because I am not trying to derail what progress I've made. And anyway, I like to eat too much to be missing workouts.

Not too much else has been going on...I went out last night to a belated birthday dinner with my homegirl, which was nice. I enjoyed getting out of the house for once; its certainly not something I get to do very much, at least for anything social. I'm trying to plan my son's upcoming birthday party; I still can't believe he's going to be ten years old. I bet in another couple of years he's going to be taller than I am, and I'm not short. They grow up so fast...I'm gonna blink and he's gonna be introducing me to his girlfriend and asking to borrow my car. I already know I'm not gonna like her. (I'm kidding; I will). (I won't).

It's after eleven P.M. and I want to get some more writing in before I get in the bed. I have to squeeze in writing time everyday some kind of way. In an effort to increase my productivity and organization I've downloaded a to-do list app on  my phone to try to schedule my days for the things I need to get done consistently. It would probably work better if I actually inputted tasks on there...I was just proud of myself for downloading it at all. Now I have to use it...

So anyway, just wanted to drop a quick note that I was still here and everything. Just dealing with life and everything that comes with it. I'll get back to being more consistent with it soon enough. Whenever.

See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica!

    I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe. I look forward to your future posts! You can follow my blog at http://lorenmathisauthor.tumblr.com/

    Best,
    LM

    ReplyDelete