Sunday, May 3, 2015

I LOVE Lazy Weekends...

I don't get many lazy weekends at all. Heck, I don't get many lazy days. Being a single mother working two (plus) jobs, days where I get to do absolutely nothing are at a premium. And I was about due.

So this past Friday, I took the day off from both jobs and asked my sister to take my son to school, which meant I got to SLEEP IN. This is a rare luxury for me and I absolutely, positively loved it. What I didn't mean to do, however, was sleep all day. I didn't get up until five in the afternoon. But oh well...it's not like I had anywhere to be. Other than going to get my son from Boys and Girls Club, I didn't leave the house. I just camped out on my sofa from heaven and played Sims.

Saturday I did go to work, but I only stayed part of the day because I had a previous engagement. But I was still very tired and decided to take a nap beforehand (which I should know better than to do, since I never seem to want to get up from naps) and I ended up not even going to that engagement. I turned my alarm off and rolled right back over. Then after I got up, I made an apple pie before spending the rest of the evening camped out on my heavenly sofa playing Sims.

Today, I overslept and missed church (which I'm not proud of) and I turned on Food Network while I camped out on my God-sent sofa and played Sims. I did get up and do some productive stuff (laundry, dinner) but then I parked it yet again on my sofa-that-should-be-dipped-in-bronze and watched the Spring Baking Championship on Food Network with my son.

It's also been quite a sports weekend...my Hawks knocked out the Nets and moved on to the second round of the NBA playoffs (then we lost in the first game today to the Wizards, but I'm not gonna let that faze me); there was the NFL draft (which I only watched the first round of but I did enjoy it), baseball and hockey (no interest), the Kentucky Derby (even less interest), and the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight (which I certainly wasn't going to pay for and didn't care enough about to go anywhere else to watch). I've enjoyed the NBA playoffs and game 7 of the Clippers/Spurs series was EPIC...hard to believe that was just a first round game. That whole series was intense but I'm glad the Clippers took it...I'm not a Spurs fan, but I respect their professionalism and sportsmanship.

The only thing that would have made this weekend better was if I had a shirtless, ripped chocolate Adonis in my kitchen cooking and feeding it to me, and then rubbing my feet as I basked in the 'itis.' And playing in my hair as we sat on my celestial sofa while I played Sims.

It's been a great weekend. This is the closest I'll get to a vacation for a while, probably, so I'm savoring these last few hours of nothingness before I'm back to the regularly scheduled program at 7:00 AM tomorrow.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment