Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Late-Night Musings

It's two in the morning and I'm perched on the often-unused end of my wonderful couch, mindlessly watching Food Network and trying to ignore the rumbling in my stomach (which means I'm probably watching the wrong channel...just turned to Frasier). I know part of the reason is because I fell asleep when I got home and got up around three hours ago. But the biggest part is because I just can't seem to get my mind to stop jumping.

It has been an interesting last few days. I'm doing a 20 day Full Body Cleanse and my diet is limited to raw fruits, vegetables and nuts, basically (and a whole lot of herbs). I wanted to do it because I've been feeling rather whale-ish lately thanks to stress-eating everything in sight and not caring, and I do feel better, but I miss seafood and sweets and other delicious things. Someone offered me hash browns today at work and I had to decline. Then someone else came around with chocolate cake. Twice. It's like I'm wearing a sign.

So...I'm a little on edge about that. I've been digging into Pinterest looking for more recipes that fit into these guidelines so I won't get bored. I can only have so much salad.

In other news...I'm anxiously awaiting the release of my next book, Take One For the Team. I'm so excited...it's always thrilling putting out another work. I'm already working on the sequel. Check out the synopsis:


.....................................................................................................................................................................


Van Roseland is a single mother who doesn't know what it feels like to relax, thanks to a set of twins and mountain of debt given to her by her deceased fiancé. Her boyfriend Joe is a hardworking, loving man who is perfect in just about every way...except financially. Thanks to his spiteful ex, he's unable to contribute as much as either he or Van would like him to. And Van starts wondering more and more if love is enough.
Grant McCallister has always been more successful in business than he's been in his personal life. He's preferred to just remain alone rather than deal with women who only want him for his millions. But after a chance meeting with Van, he begins to think he's finally found what he's been waiting for and resorts to somewhat shady tactics to get close to her, believing she's worth it.
Before too long, Van is on a roller coaster of emotions as her feelings and attraction for Grant deepen that has her questioning everything, especially her own personal morals. Some of her closest relationships are tested and after a while, Van has no idea what she's doing. She loves her some Joe, but she can't help wanting a better life for her children...
 .....................................................................................................................................................................
Love or money...classic. :)


Aside from that, it's been kind of a rough week but I'm trying to deal with it best I can. I try to keep in mind that things could always be a lot worse and there are people with way bigger and more serious problems than I've got. I'll admit that doesn't always do the trick but it usually does.

I'm wide awake but I'm suddenly overcome with the urge to just sit here with a can of cashews while watching something that will hopefully make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment